Re: Normative status of author-only view of the HTML5 specification

On 06/07/2011 07:56 PM, Maciej Stachowiak wrote:

> As I understand it, you don't currently have any Formal Objections
> standing that haven't been withdrawn. Here are our public records of
> all Formal Objections that have been made and not
> withdrawn:<http://dev.w3.org/html5/status/formal-objection-status.html>.
> If there is anything missing from that page, please let us know; it's
> not clear to me from your message below if you believe you have a
> Formal Objection that still stands and needs Director review.
>
> Similarly, if at any time you choose to enter a new Formal Objection,
> or reinstate a formerly withdrawn one, I assume you know the drill.

To be honest, at this time I have a hard time figuring out what Roy
might object to... to date we have made no decision to NOT publish a
normative author view; in fact we have given every indication that we
were going to and have simply failed to do so.

At the present time, we have (ordinary) objections to proceeding with
this publication, and this has the effect of undoing the consensus under
which we closed issue 59.  This could be treated as new information and
if we did so we could proceed with calls for proposals and the like.
This will lead to a decision that can be the basis for a Formal
Objection.  The way I figure it, we might get one either way, but at
least if we do restart the Decision Process on this issue we will have
captured what the proposals and objections are.

- Sam Ruby