CfC: Close ISSUE-165: rel-pingback by Amicable Resolution

On 07/11/2011 07:12 PM, Paul Cotton wrote:
> ISSUE-165: rel-pingback - Chairs Solicit Alternate Proposals or
> Counter-Proposals
>
> The current status for ISSUE-165 is as follows:

> http://dev.w3.org/html5/status/issue-status.html#ISSUE-165
>
> We currently have one Change Proposal to handle this issue:
>
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2011Jul/0124.html
>
> At this time the Chairs would also like to solicit alternate Change
> Proposals (possibly with "zero edits" as the Proposal Details), in case
> anyone would like to advocate the status quo or a different change than
> the specific one in the existing Change Proposal.
>
> If no counter-proposals or alternate proposals are received by Aug 9th,
> 2011, we will proceed to evaluate the change proposal that we have
> received to date for ISSUE-165.

Current status: we have received an Change Proposal to remove subsection
"4.12.4.10 Link type "pingback" and the related entry under "4.12.4 Link
types":

http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2011Jul/0124.html

As we have received no counter-proposals or alternate
proposals, the chairs are issuing a call for consensus on the proposal
that we do have.  If anybody would like to raise an objection during
this time, we will require them to accompany their objection with a
concrete and complete change proposal.

If no objections are raised to this call by August 24th 2011, we will
direct the editor to make the proposed change, and will only consider
subsequently reopening this issue based on new information and a
complete change proposal based on the spec's contents as it exists after
this change is applied.

- Sam Ruby