Re: Change made to WAI-ARIA section

On 04/29/2011 01:17 PM, Benjamin Hawkes-Lewis wrote:
> On Fri, Apr 29, 2011 at 5:44 PM, Steve Faulkner
> <faulkner.steve@gmail.com>  wrote:
>> The following was added to the ARIA section of HTML5 yesterday
>> "Authors must not set the ARIA roleand aria-* attributes to values that
>> match the default implicit ARIA semanticsdefined in the following two
>> tables."
>> This was not part of any agreed change.
>> I request a revert
>> of http://html5.org/tools/web-apps-tracker?from=6039&to=6040
>
> I also disagree with the details of this change, but the editor is free
> to make such changes per the decision policy.
>
> http://dev.w3.org/html5/decision-policy/decision-policy.html
>
> We might want to escalate to an Issue, per the Policy, after Step 3; the
> bug is still in Step 2.

Benjamin: you might want to read the following email:

http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2010Sep/0125.html

We now have two people who disagree with this change.  The chairs will
proceed to discuss whether or not to request a revert.  This discussion
will likely take place on Monday afternoon EDT.

> --
> Benjamin Hawkes-Lewis

- Sam Ruby