Re: Draft HTML5 licensing survey

On Friday 2011-04-22 17:26 -0400, Sam Ruby wrote:
> On 04/22/2011 05:08 PM, Edward O'Connor wrote:
> >Hi,
> >
> >Paul Cotton wrote:
> >
> >>The Chairs have drafted a survey on the three licensing options which
> >>is available for review at [2].
> >[…]
> >>[2] http://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/40318/html5-license-poll/
> >
> >I suspect only the chairs can see the content at this link; all I see
> >is: "This questionnaire is not yet open. It will open on 2012-04-28.
> >Inform your Team contact if you think it should already be open."
>
> Sorry about that.  Here is a snapshot:
>
> http://intertwingly.net/tmp/html5-license-poll.html

I'm guessing the intent is to use a set of radio buttons for each
license; there are currently radio buttons for option 1 and
checkboxes for options 2 and 3.

My substantive comment is that I feel like I either need an option
that says:
 ( ) I can live with this option as long as the specification
     continues to be published at whatwg.org under a more liberal
     license; otherwise I cannot live with this license.
or clearer instructions on whether responders should assume that
simultaneous publication at the WHATWG will continue.

-David