Re: CfC: Publish eight heartbeat drafts as FPWDs

On 09/24/2010 10:59 AM, Leif Halvard Silli wrote:

>>> Silence will be taken to mean there is no objection, but positive
>>> September 22th, this resolution will carry.
>>
>> Hearing no objections, the chairs will ask MikeSmith to work back
>> with each of the document authors to prepare documents ready for
>> publication.  The intent is to publish this set of drafts in early
>> October.
>
> I object to publishing the HTML5 spec and the Differences spec.

Out of order.

> Either the HTML5 spec must entirely drop the _vendor/vendor--
> attributes.

We have a Decision Policy in effect, and you haven't even followed step 1:

http://dev.w3.org/html5/decision-policy/decision-policy.html#basic

> Or the HTML5 spec must mark it as controversial - as well as link it to
> the outcome of ISSUE-41.

At the present time, the following sections are so marked:

   semantics-0 extensibility

Simply state what other sections (via their associated anchor tags) you
want marked, and I'll update the issue and this will be reflected in the
document on the web site the next time it is published.

> If the _vendor/vendor-- attributes are not removed, then the
> Differences author is requested to familiarize himself with the content
> of the HTML5 spec, and - thereafter - to update the Differences
> document with information about the _vendor/vendor-- extensibility
> solution.
>
> I am willing to file bugs, if the chairs think it is necessary.

That IS the process.

http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/enter_bug.cgi?product=HTML%20WG&component=HTML5%20spec%20bugs

http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/enter_bug.cgi?component=HTML5%20differences%20from%20HTML4%20%28editor%3A%20Anne%20van%20Kesteren%29&product=HTML%20WG

- Sam Ruby