RE: Request to Revert revision 1.4525

On Thu, 28 Oct 2010, Paul Cotton wrote:

> > Holy overreaction, batman. I'm just having some publication issues and
> > didn't want people to be referencing an obsolete editor's draft in the
> > meantime. It'll be fixed when it's fixed.
>
> The WG Chairs have given you a clear instruction based on an agreed upon
> WG policy.  Please revert the change caused by revision 1.4525
> immediately.

I honestly feel that that would be irresponsible. It's bad enough that we
have out of date drafts on the TR/ page; having out of date drafts on
dev.w3.org without warning is even worse.

> If this is not done by the end of the WG's Weekly teleconference this
> morning then the Chairs will cause this revert to occur without your
> assistance.

I wouldn't have time to do it by then even if I wanted to. Furthermore, I
find it ludicrous that you would make such demands. These requests are
making me seriously reconsider how I provide editor's drafts to the
working group.