Re: Executing script-inserted external scripts in insertion order

On Tue, Oct 12, 2010 at 9:07 AM, Boris Zbarsky <bzbarsky@mit.edu> wrote:
> On 10/12/10 11:57 AM, Getify wrote:
>>
>> Yes, sites will need to keep their LABjs
>> up to date, but that's far less impactful to overall page behavior than
>> say asking them to keep jQuery up to date
>
> Sites don't keep jQuery up to date.  Not even close.  They don't even _try_
> to keep it up to date.  They just grab a jquery version, treat it as a
> given, and develop against it.  This means it maybe gets updated every time
> there's a wholesale site redesign.
>
> At least this describes the sites I've seen with my browser developer hat
> on.

This certainly matches *my* behavior as a web developer.  I actually
go to jQuery's site fairly regularly, so I update jQuery every once in
a while just because I'm there, but all my addons and other libraries?
 Not a chance.  I download them once and that's it, unless I have a
problem with the library and my searching leads me to discover a new
version.

~TJ