Re: Executing script-inserted external scripts in insertion order

On 10/12/10 11:57 AM, Getify wrote:
> Yes, sites will need to keep their LABjs
> up to date, but that's far less impactful to overall page behavior than
> say asking them to keep jQuery up to date

Sites don't keep jQuery up to date.  Not even close.  They don't even
_try_ to keep it up to date.  They just grab a jquery version, treat it
as a given, and develop against it.  This means it maybe gets updated
every time there's a wholesale site redesign.

At least this describes the sites I've seen with my browser developer
hat on.

> Since LABjs is so
> small and highly focused, I think the risk to sites keeping it up to
> date is minimized compared to jQuery.

I would fully expect that sites wouldn't update their existing LABjs
installations as well.  Again, short of site redesigns.

> While we'd like to think that proper cache headers are a given

Just like updating libraries... ;)

-Boris