Re: DL for CP on link registry at the W3C

From: Maciej Stachowiak <mjs@apple.com>
Date: Fri, 05 Nov 2010 14:42:03 +0100
Cc: Henri Sivonen <hsivonen@iki.fi>, public html <public-html@w3.org>
To: Sam Ruby <rubys@intertwingly.net>

On Nov 5, 2010, at 1:19 PM, Sam Ruby wrote:

> On 11/05/2010 07:29 AM, Henri Sivonen wrote:
>> Per Maciej's request, I'm emailing my guess about my ability to deliver a Change Proposal about registering link relations at the W3C:
>>
>> I'm guessing I can get it done next week. I.e. before Nov 15th.
>
> Just to  be clear, this is for ISSUE-27, rel-ownership ?

Yes. To give context, during the session today about link relations, Mike Smith demoed the XPointer registry at the W3C:

http://www.w3.org/2005/04/xpointer-schemes/

Currently the Change Proposals for issue 27 propose using the IANA registry; and leaving the current state of the spec, where it points to a wiki. After seeing the demo of the XPointer registry, a number of folks in the room were interested in the XPointer-like approach of a lightweight registry at the W3C. Therefore it seemed expedient to get a Change Proposal documenting this approach, even though we are technically past the deadline.

Regards,
Maciej