Re: ISSUE-128 (figure-in-p): Chairs Solicit Proposals

From: Henri Sivonen <hsivonen@iki.fi>
Date: Mon, 1 Nov 2010 17:28:19 +0100
To: HTML WG <public-html@w3.org>
On Oct 7, 2010, at 20:04, Ian Hickson wrote:

>> I think both kinds of figures are legitimate and authors should be able
>> to use whichever way fits their current design.
>
> What are the two kinds of figures?

Figures that the author considers as being between paragraphs and figures that the author wants to put inside a paragraph in order to avoid working around the CSS consequences of having the figure element between paragraphs in the document tree when in layout it isn't supposed to look like being between paragraphs but alongside at least one of the paragraphs.

--
Henri Sivonen
hsivonen@iki.fi