Re: Timed tracks

On Sat, May 8, 2010 at 3:59 AM, Sean Hayes <Sean.Hayes@microsoft.com> wrote:

> What advantage would you see in moving TTML back to a non-internationalised
> text model?

I don't think it's fair to describe CSS as having a "non-internationalised
text model" just because vertical text isn't well-specced or widely
implemented yet. CSS text, as implemented by modern browsers, supports lots
of features for international text --- Unicode, complex script shaping,
complex linebreaking, bidi (including mixed directions), font fallback,
@font-face ... vertical text isn't there mainly because there's very little
demand for it on the Web, so far.

Rob
53:5-6]