Re: AuthConfReq: Presentational Markup

Lars Gunther, Sun, 28 Mar 2010 18:23:00 +0200:
> 2010-03-28 00:07, Leif Halvard Silli skrev:
>> However, I believe we do not need this simplistic ban anymore.
>
> Putting my teachers hat on.
>
> YES WE DO!!!
>
> Let rules be simple. Let validation be accordingly simple.
>
> Let power users who know what they are doing break the rules.

*Simple* rules are a good thing to have. *Simplistic* rules are neither
simple nor a good thing.

A language teacher told me how pupils sometime questioned his use of
the red pencil (e.g. when he discovered illogical stylistic and wording
combinations) because, after all - each single word(ing) they had used,
was found in the dictionary.

Students need to be thought about the *real* issue. Even if this makes
your teaching job more demanding.
--
leif halvard silli