Re: Change proposal for issue 103, was: ISSUE-103 change proposal

From: Julian Reschke <julian.reschke@gmx.de>
Date: Wed, 24 Mar 2010 15:13:35 +0100
To: Philip Taylor <pjt47@cam.ac.uk>
CC: Maciej Stachowiak <mjs@apple.com>, public-html@w3.org
On 24.03.2010 11:49, Philip Taylor wrote:
> ...  and the need to delete/replace U+FFFE and U+FFFF
> and other characters in U+0000..U+001F, and the need to encode it
> validly in the document's character encoding. I'm not certain that's
> all, but I can't think of any more right now.

But those apply to all textual content. The note is about things you
need to consider when moving markup that is already ok *into* an attribute.

What the Change Proposal wants to address is that text/html users get a
concrete instruction, while users of application/xhtml+xml get only
handwaving. I don't think that's acceptable.

Best regards, Julian