Re: ISSUE-90 background documentation on allowing any flow content in figure

On Mon, Mar 22, 2010 at 5:36 PM, Edward O'Connor <hober0@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Can either the editor or other folks please provide a link
>> to the threads representing the "huge outcry" from web authors?
>
> I argued for allowing <pre> inside <figure> in 2006. The use-case I
> had in mind was ASCII art.
>
> http://lists.whatwg.org/htdig.cgi/whatwg-whatwg.org/2006-November/008018.html

Thanks, Edward. I think you also mentioned it in the bug.

I will be honest, I'm not including this in the proposal. Not to say
it couldn't be included, but I hope would follow an experiment I did,
first, before adding a pre for ascii art in as option:

If you don't have a screen reader installed for testing, I would
recommend installing NVDA on Windows, and then start the screen reader
and Firefox.

Load the following page:

http://burningbird.net/graphics/butterfly.html

Shelley