Re: HTML5 Authoring Conformance Study

On Mar 21, 2010, at 12:57 PM, Shelley Powers wrote:

> On the other hand, I can imagine it will be a frequent desire for
> otherauthors to check that they have not used any presentational
> markup. Many developers choose to use all CSS for styling, and would
> like a tool to help enforce that.
>

> I find that View->Source and using Edit->Find works well in finding
> things in a page.

Is that really a tool you would recommend for finding all use of
presentational elements and attributes, and to use repeatedly while
maintaining a page? Or to check that a large team of Web developers
are all following policy on this? Do you think it would be an
improvement over the HTML4/XHTML1 solution for this (separate Strict
doctype that bans presentational markup)?

Regards,
Maciej