Re: Bug 7034

From: Maciej Stachowiak <mjs@apple.com>
Date: Sat, 20 Mar 2010 22:35:59 -0700
Cc: Shelley Powers <shelley.just@gmail.com>, "Tab Atkins Jr." <jackalmage@gmail.com>, "Ennals, Robert" <robert.ennals@intel.com>, HTMLwg <public-html@w3.org>
To: Sam Ruby <rubys@intertwingly.net>

On Mar 20, 2010, at 8:04 PM, Sam Ruby wrote:

> On 03/20/2010 09:04 PM, Maciej Stachowiak wrote:
>>
>> Or to put it another way, I don't see a compelling case here for not
>> following the Decision Policy guidelines on what should go in a bug.
>
> To the contrary:
>
> 1) I believe that the data I have provided demonstrates that there
> is a clear and substantial problem with the Author Conformance
> Requirements.
>
> 2) The problem is Author Conformance Requirements.

Great. Could you make sure there is a clear statement of a single
problem with the spec in the bug report? Ideally the bug title would
be updated to reflect that problem as well.

(Note: I don't think the noun phrase "Author Conformance Requirements"
is in itself a problem statement, nor is linking to a bunch of data in
itself a problem statement. A statement like "Some popular sites are
not conforming HTML5" plus an enumeration of said sites would be an
example of a problem statement, but I'm honesty not sure at this point
if that's what you think the problem is.)

Regards,
Maciej