Re: Request for feedback on HTTP Location header syntax + semantics, Re: Issues 43 and 185, was: Issue 43 (combining fragments)

On 11.03.2010 16:38, Jonas Sicking wrote:
> On Thu, Mar 11, 2010 at 7:35 AM, Julian Reschke<julian.reschke@gmx.de>  wrote:
>> Should we recommend the behavior we see implemented (SHOULD? MUST?)? Note
>> that this would make current implementations of Opera and Safari
>> non-compliant.
>
> Is there a reason to use SHOULD rather than MUST? If not I'd say use MUST.

Usually we don't add normative requirements on top of RFC 2616, unless
we're clearly fixing a bug (which is not the case here), or are
confident that we're just writing down what everybody is doing anyway.

 From that point of view, even a SHOULD may be too strong.

Best regards, Julian