Re: ISSUE-66 Change Proposal: be more explicit about potential repair techniques

From: Jonas Sicking <jonas@sicking.cc>
Date: Wed, 10 Mar 2010 11:03:48 -0800
To: Maciej Stachowiak <mjs@apple.com>
Cc: Shelley Powers <shelley.just@gmail.com>, Matt May <mattmay@adobe.com>, Ian Hickson <ian@hixie.ch>, "public-html@w3.org" <public-html@w3.org>
On Tue, Mar 9, 2010 at 5:00 PM, Maciej Stachowiak <mjs@apple.com> wrote:

> Shelley's intent notwithstanding, I'd still like to hear from others who
> were part of the original discussion.

I guess I might count as one of those people.

So far most change proposals that has been suggested has sounded ok to
me. The only requirement I have is that the spec doesn't forbid using
repair techniques such as the ones discussed here (OCR, cloud services
finding similar images, etc).

Ideally I would like the spec to explicitly state that it is allowed
to use repair techniques.

/ Jonas