RE: Editors, please prepare drafts for publication on Thursday, March 4

From: Paul Cotton <Paul.Cotton@microsoft.com>
Date: Tue, 2 Mar 2010 23:12:52 +0000
To: Ian Hickson <ian@hixie.ch>
CC: "msporny@digitalbazaar.com" <msporny@digitalbazaar.com>, "annevk@opera.com" <annevk@opera.com>, HTMLWG WG <public-html@w3.org>, "Sam Ruby" <rubys@intertwingly.net>, Maciej Stachowiak <mjs@apple.com>, "Philippe Le Hegaret" <plh@w3.org>, "Michael(tm) Smith" <mike@w3.org>

>> >It seems to link to the references section's HTML5 reference. Am I misreading the spec?
>>
>> Please look at the URI: http://dev.w3.org/html5/2dcontext/#refsHTML5.  It is linking to the "2dcontext" document (itself) NOT the HTML5 document!
>
>Right, it's a reference. All the references point to the references
>section, which in turn points to the relevant document. This is standard
>practice in specs.

Now I understand.  Thanks for helping me figure this out.

/paulc

Paul Cotton, Microsoft Canada
Tel: (425) 705-9596 Fax: (425) 936-7329