Re: Differences between the W3C and WHATWG specifications

Subject: Re: Differences between the W3C and WHATWG specifications

>> To be honest, I don't have an strong opinion about that wording.
>> What I
>> want is technically identical specs so we have interoperability.

> The status quo is that they aren't identical, but they're
> compatible.

Compatible where intersecting while one might be more advanced or even
experimental but the end goal is authoring and delivery convergance at
technically appropriate times.

> Each feature either has identical conformance requirements,

Right, each feature shared by both specs has the same conformance
requirements.

> if it's in both the W3C and WHATWG copies; or is in only the WHATWG
> copy.

In the same light, might there also be features in the W3C spec that
do not appear in WHATWG?

> So having two specs might cause confusion or other problems, but
> it's not an interoperability concern right now.

The terminal and ever-expanding goals of each normative/informative
item and any differences should be explained to the using public in
explicit detail.

Thanks to All and Best Regards,
Joe