Re: Differences between the W3C and WHATWG specifications

On Fri, Jun 25, 2010 at 6:27 AM, Doug Schepers <schepers@w3.org> wrote:
> To be honest, I don't have an strong opinion about that wording.  What I
> want is technically identical specs so we have interoperability.

The status quo is that they aren't identical, but they're compatible.
Each feature either has identical conformance requirements, if it's in
both the W3C and WHATWG copies; or is in only the WHATWG copy.  So
having two specs might cause confusion or other problems, but it's not
an interoperability concern right now.