Re: CfC: Adopt ISSUE-105 canvas-usemap Change Proposal to add usemap attribute to the canvas element

On Fri, Jun 25, 2010 at 6:42 PM, Steven Faulkner
<faulkner.steve@gmail.com> wrote:
> Is there anybody apart from Ian who does not understand what the change
> proposal [1] is asking for?

I think it would be great if more than a one liner was proposed in
'Details'. You posted an example of Canvas usage earlier where you
felt adding 'usemap' would improve things. Describing this original
canvas usage, followed by how 'usemap' would improve things would
provide more details about what is actually wanted. Including details
on what parts of the specification that currently use 'usemap' should
be pulled into canvas or  otherwise modified would be useful.

Canvas is used in a more dynamic manner than img. Drawing into it is
done via javascript. How do you handle things like the drawing of the
canvas is not complete but the 'usemap' is active, etc. Perhaps issues
about that could be discussed.

BTW, unrelated and a bit 'nitty', there are a few spelling mistakes in
the change proposal. 'descitpion', 'assitive' (I think, perhaps I'm
not familiar with the term), 'intercatrive'.

--
http://www.bluishcoder.co.nz