Re: CfC: Adopt ISSUE-107 plugin-fallback-example Change Proposal to replace <object> fallback example

On 24.06.2010 08:51, Ian Hickson wrote:
> Done, more or less. (I had to change the example a bit to have conforming
> alternative text that was actually accessible, rather than the text in the
> suggested example which was really a caption; I made some changes to the
> spacing; and I changed the example's prose a little to be actually
> plausible as a real Web page. It would be helpful if the chairs could
> check the quality of proposed changes themselves so that I don't have to
> make these kinds of changes when the decisions are made, since having to
> do them myself means I run the risk each time of making a change that is
> then not in what the chairs consider the spirit of the decision, and then
> we have to do it all over again.)

Well.

Proposal
(<http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2010Apr/1107.html>):

         the <a href="/get-plugin">O3D plugin</a>.

Actual text
(<http://dev.w3.org/html5/spec/the-iframe-element.html#the-object-element>):

      computer, please download and install the <a

href="http://code.google.com/apis/o3d/docs/gettingstarted.html#install">O3D
plugin</a>.</p>

It's pretty clear that you wanted to avoid having "plugin" and
"enhanced" in the same sentence. It's also not entirely clear what was
wrong with the given link.

At this time, I'd propose that you simply execute the WG decision, and
open a bug if there's something you're unhappy with.

Best regards, Julian