Re: table layout conformance

Le 18/06/10 00:38, Ian Hickson a écrit :

> I think it would be reasonable to suggest that the spec should make it
> clearer which requirements are intended to be machine-checkable without
> user interaction and which today could only be checked by someone able to
> determine the author's intent. Labeling each such requirement would be a
> significant amount of work, but if you think it would be worth it anyway,
> I recommend filing a bug requesting this.

My take is that the spec makes a confusion between "marked as bad
practice in a note" and "normatively described as non conformant". I
think the spec should stick with the former and let the latter only to
machine checkable criteria. No editing tool, filter or parser will ever
be able to enforce the latter for prose-level criteria.

</Daniel>