Re: some conformance questions

Le 17/06/10 15:28, Henri Sivonen a écrit :

> A presentation by Daniel Glazman at XTech 2006 convinced me that empty structures
> should be valid. Letting them be valid makes it easier to develop editors that
> maintain validity at each editing operation and don't allow invalid intermediate states.

Yep. Thanks Henri.

A content editor creates the structure (elements) but that's the user's
task to type the real readable content... or not. If empty elements are
invalid, that means the intermediate state where the structure is here
and not the contents yet is invalid. It means that editing tools have
to check that elements are not left empty before saving and please trust
me on that, it's NOT going to happen...

That said, empty elements are absolutely needed when the structure is
created by one author and the contents added by another. That's called
a template and there are zillions of templates all over the place.

</Daniel>