Re: Notes on the draft polyglot document Polyglot document

Daniel Glazman, Thu, 10 Jun 2010 12:20:07 +0200:
> Le 10/06/10 11:46, Julian Reschke a écrit :
>
>> I don't think the title is difficult to understand.

Julian: I suppose you meant the word "polyglot" is not difficult to
understand? Or did you refer to a particular variant of the titles with
that word, such as TAG's suggested version or some other?

>> What I said is that I think that the audience actually *does* understand
>> it, and is familiar with the term.
>
> I am clearly part of the audience. I am implementing an HTML (5
> included) wysiwyg editor _now_. I did not understand the title. I had
> to read the document to understand the title; that's bad.

Daniel: Do you find

	"Polyglot XHTML. HTML Compatible XML Documents"

difficult to understand? Or what about this:

	"Polyglot markup. HTML Compatible XML Documents"

? "Polyglot markup" could diminish the possibility of misunderstanding
it in linguistic way.

>> And what has the current status of the document have to do with that?
>
> I just meant it's young enough to allow title changes. It's not even
> a FPWD yet.

As for the alternatives: "Inter-compatible HTML": I get sand on my
teeth. "Metalanguage-independent (X)HTML5 Documents": Eh, did you say
you wanted to *broaden* the audience? As for "Mixed Language
Documents": Well, it is not a *mix* of two languages, really, is it?
The point is: a polyglot document is able to speak two languages - same
as a polyglot person is able to speak more than one language.
--
leif halvard silli