Re: Request for editing guidance

On Wed, 9 Jun 2010, Sam Ruby wrote:

> > Why is postMessage() split out but showModalDialeg() not?
> > Why is the 2D context interface out but ApplicationCache not?
>
> I honestly can't answer that question.  No Work Group decision was made
> in either case.  People who are wondering this will need to ask the
> person who made that decision. I encourage people to read and respond to
> the following email from Ian from January:
>
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2010Jan/0320.html

Are you saying the split as it was done then is ok? Because I agree that
that split is consistent. It's not the split we have now -- on request of
the chairs, I changed it into the current state, which is inconsistent.
Should I change it back?

The questions I asked in the earlier e-mail in this thread are still not
answered in a manner that I can apply to the spec:

   http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2010Jun/0218.html

I would like to request a coherent answer from the chairs that doesn't
just consist of pointing to other e-mails that are themselves not
comprehensible. I don't know how to edit the spec at the moment. If we
continue down the current road the spec would just become a hodge podge.