Re: Working Group Decision on ISSUE-91: Removing the aside Element

On 06/01/2010 06:45 PM, Shelley Powers wrote:

> Neither of the decisions addresses the other HTML audiences, such as web
> developers, designers, tech writers, tool builders, and so on.

I personally spent considerable time scanning the web to see if I could
substantiate the claims that these elements were too complex for these
audiences.  What I found instead was plenty of instances where people
were welcoming these changes, often eagerly.

As an aside, I personally find claims made by a party that these
elements may be too complex for a third party to be weaker than claims
made by the persons affected.  If such people were to step forward and
detail actual impact that affects them personally then that could very
well be treated as new information.

> It shows that the decisions were made even before the survey, and the
> co-chairs picked among the arguments, as justification.

That certainly was not the case for me, nor do I believe it to be the
case for the other co-chairs.  In any case, if anybody believes that to
be true then such a claim would be a valid basis for an appeal:

http://www.w3.org/2005/10/Process-20051014/policies.html#WGAppeals

> Shelley

- Sam Ruby