Re: HTML WG F2F meeting

Ian Hickson wrote:
> I used to agree with this, but in the case of HTML5, conflicts have
> escalated with each working group meeting. This may be a coincidence, but
> it is nonetheless the case that up to the time of our first face-to-face,
> progress was swift and arguments rare, and now after our third

That maybe because before the first F2F, little work had been done in
the (W3C) WG.

> face-to-face, the working group is virtually deadlocked. So objectively

I totally disagree. I think that for the first time in a long time we
actually make progress.

> speaking, it does not appear to me that face-to-face meetings have in fact
> had the effect that I have long thought they would and that are described
> above. Nor can this be attributed to the objections coming from people who
> didn't attend meetings; many of the most heated arguments of substance are
> between people who have attended all three meetings of this group.
>
> (I've found meeting individuals or small groups unofficially to discuss
> issues to be quite productive, but that's not a formal working group face-
> to-face meeting.)

So your proposal is to meet, but unofficially? :-)

Anyway, I'm *also* not convinced that at this point of time another F2F
would be of great help. We need to try harder to get our work done using
  email, and, yes, telcos (no, not for decision making, but for planning
and coordination).

Best regards, Julian