Re: Request for group input on ISSUE-83 (figure and details captions)

On Thu, Jan 21, 2010 at 9:17 AM, Lachlan Hunt <lachlan.hunt@lachy.id.au> wrote:
> Just to be clear, does this mean you're ruling out the other alternative of
> using <summary>, as mentioned in the change proposal, or is the choice
> between dlabel, dsummary and summary being left entirely to the editor's
> discretion?

My understanding is that at this point, no Change Proposal has been
approved, so the issue is entirely up to the editor's discretion --
i.e., Maciej's suggestion is really a suggestion, not an official
request.  If Ian so chose, he could use summary, or even keep the
current dt/dd solution.  Then anyone who disagreed would have to
follow the decision procedure further.  So we'll have to wait to see
what Ian does, and the chairs can then post a Call for Consensus to
see if his decision makes everyone happy without need for further
procedure.