Re: Understanding the "applicable specifications" clause (was: Re: Decentralised extensibility idea (ISSUE-41))

On Wed, Jan 20, 2010 at 11:10 AM, Leif Halvard Silli
> It at least purports to be XML. According to the pundits there is only
> two kinds of mark-up online - both of them stems from W3C: HTML and XML.

I suspect you're referring to the recent comment I made, in which case
you definitely misunderstood what I meant.  I said that anything
served as text/html is HTML, and anything served as one of the XML
mimetypes is XML.  This was in reaction to a statement of yours that
there was somehow still some concept of "XHTML served as text/html".
There never was (it was always interpreted as a plain HTML page), and
HTML5 makes that explicit.

I certainly never said that everything is either HTML or XML.

~TJ