Re: Proposal: Canvas accessibility and a media querries approach for alternative content (Action Item 6 in the HTML Accessibility Task Force)

On Jan 20, 2010, at 15:01, Steven Faulkner wrote:

> OK, but I am trying to understand why one would do this?
> if you include a link in the canvas sub dom so it will be accessible to users, why would you duplicate the functionality using script instead of pointing the click event on the canvas to the link?

The subdom isn't being rendered to the visual medium, so presumably it doesn't have CSS boxes generated for it, so it doesn't exist in a coordinate space where click hit testing could be performed against boxes that correspond to DOM nodes.

> in the end if a single method is suitable for all users its a win for all no?

Yeah. I'd expect SVG+ARIA to provide that. Can't put the <canvas> cat back in the bag at this point, though.

--
Henri Sivonen
hsivonen@iki.fi