Re: The harm that can come if the W3C supports publication of competing specs

On Sun, Jan 17, 2010 at 6:54 AM, Karl Dubost <karl+w3c@la-grange.net> wrote:

> Le 16 janv. 2010 à 22:21, Aryeh Gregor a écrit :
>> For what it's worth, I (the MediaWiki developer who proposed we use
>> microdata) don't really care what the W3C says.
>
> That's an issue. Where I'm working right now (commercial
> Web agency) I was asked to recommend a wiki tool for a
> big railway company in Canada.
> They have requirements from Transport Canada Ministry.
> My preference was MediaWiki (part of it because of community
> support), but at the light of what you are saying it seems
> there are risks for the client and that I should not
> recommend MediaWiki.
>

> --
> Karl Dubost
> Montréal, QC, Canada
> http://www.la-grange.net/karl/

I was rather wondering that, myself.

I don't imagine, though, that Aryeh speaks for all of the MediaWiki
development group. Aryeh, do you speak for the entire group? Are you
stating MediaWiki's official position in this regard?

Shelley