Re: <iframe doc="">

On Sun, 17 Jan 2010, Michael A. Puls II wrote:
> On Sun, 17 Jan 2010 02:07:26 -0500, Ian Hickson <ian@hixie.ch> wrote:
> > On Sun, 17 Jan 2010, Michael A. Puls II wrote:
> > >
> > > However, I still like the idea of explicitly specifying full markup
> > > for the embedded doc like you can with src="data:". I also like
> > > being able to do src="data:application/xml," in text/html pages.
> >
> > The doc="" idea certainly wouldn't preclude using data: URIs with
> > src="".
>
> Understood. It just seems like @doc should/could have *almost* the same
> capabilities.

One of the main reasons for considering doc="" is making it simple, so I
don't know if we really want to add too much power here (there's usually a
direct correlation between power and complexity, and an inverse
correlation between power and ease of use). Unless there's really a strong
use case, I'd rather leave the less common cases to the existing data:
mechanism, which has been shown to work (albeit with the corresponding
loss of ease of use).