Re: <iframe doc="">

Maciej Stachowiak, Thu, 14 Jan 2010 17:09:32 -0800:
> On Jan 14, 2010, at 5:01 PM, Leif Halvard Silli wrote:
>> Joe D Williams, Thu, 14 Jan 2010 16:25:26 -0800:
>>>
>>> If what you are asking is can you use <iframe> to import text/html
>>> into a browser-hosted document defined as application/xhtml+xml, then
>>> the imported stuff must obey xml and be in the default document
>>> namespace or parent namespace of the iframe?
>>
>> May be Maciej should answer what he meant:

>> In the thread it was said that it would have to be text/html code. But
>> I'll suppose that it was meant that  content of @doc has to have the
>> the same MIME as the parent document.
>
> I was only answering the question when the containing document is
> text/html. I did not check what the spec says if the containing
> document is XML.

I checked (earlier today) and did not find anything under <iframe>, so
I think Ian is discussing the issue before adding anything - as he
indicated in his first message. ;-)

> As for what the behavior *should* be, I could see an
> argument either way.

I don't know. It may be useful to be able to have a text/html section
inside a XHTML document - is that what you mean? But I suppose one
would also expect to be able to have a XHTML document in a XHTML
document? Though, of course, the XHTML doc could be interpreted as
text/html ...

As for <iframe> in a text/html document, would the code inside @doc
have to be a full HTML document, with DOCTYPE and everything, or could
it be a code fragment (for which the UA would generate the full DOM -
presumably) ? Would the code iniside @doc be validated?
--
leif halvard silli