Re: CfC: Publish HTML5 Microdata as First Public Working Draft and a new HTML5 Working Draft

On Tue, Jan 12, 2010 at 10:58 AM, Leif Halvard Silli
> You have put in the HTML5 spec that HTML5 can simply be extended
> through writing a spec which extends it. However, you have not placed
> inside HTML5 a mechanism by which a validator can know which version of
> HTML5 to validate against.

It should just validate against whatever it knows how to validate
against.  In the hopefully unlikely event that two different
specifications approved by legitimate standards bodies specify
conflicting conformance requirements, the validator would have to
either choose one, or let the author manually choose.  But I don't
think we need to worry about that until we come to it.  A validator
could certainly validate both Microdata and HTML+RDFa.