Re: CfC: Publish HTML5 Microdata as First Public Working Draft and a new HTML5 Working Draft

Ian Hickson wrote:
> Having just "HTML" in the name makes it sound like it's an independent
> spec that one can consider part of HTML, or ignore. It makes it sound like

Indeed. As far as I can tell, that was the intent, and what the WG decided.

> a candidate for "relevant specification", in HTML5 terms. I believe
> Microdata should be considered an integral part of HTML5. Whether that is
> by having a single specification for HTML5, or having HTML5 split into
> modules with Microdata being one of them, I don't really mind. I would be
> fine with calling the draft "HTML Microdata" or just "Microdata", provided
> that the spec clearly stated it was part of an HTML5 family of
> specifications. What I object to is making Microdata a second-class

Do we have a definition of "HTML5 family of specifications"?

> citizen that, e.g., validators can validly claim is not part of HTML5.

It is not. The same way RDFa isn't.

Do we need a clarification from the chairs?

Best regards, Julian