Re: New split-out drafts vs. modular design

Lars Gunther, Mon, 11 Jan 2010 12:09:07 +0100:
> 2010-01-11 10:28, Lachlan Hunt skrev:
>> The WHATWG has operated for years without having to adopt a formal
>> change procedure like we have here because the group is not as
>> dysfunctional this one.
>
> Or you could say that it had a very narrow subset of all
> HTML-stakeholders in it - and those who did not belong in that subset
> soon learned that their ideas were shut down.
>
> The HTML WG is perhaps "dysfunctional" by the criteria that it is
> very much caught up in procedure and complaining, but that is looking
> at the symptoms, not the cause. The WHAT WG culture is definately not
> without is flaws and is one (of many) contributing factors.

+1

Btw, perhaps the MD supporters themselves could describe which effect
they think that the WG decision w.r.t. MD should have? By this I also
indicate that to suggest that, as a consequence, the entire HTML 5 is
"split-out" into sub specs, is not a reasonable effect.
--
leif halvard silli