Re: New split-out drafts vs. modular design

> ... timeframe to implement behavior somewhat compatible with that of

The presence of and continued tuning of <embed> is enough to show all
that

>  We can only hope to describe the behavior clearly as much as we
> can.

I think this goes along with the to be continued html5 schema
discussion because from one end the deteiled validatable html
structures and datatypes can be specified for application/xhtml+xml
using typical xml schema along with recommended runtime behaviors in
the standard. If the user code is correct in authortime then we should
get a correct runtime DOM. So we have a set of rules that apply when
everything is OK.
For text/html then the vocabulary is directly derived from the xhtml
schema(s) with compensatory or historical behaviors/structures/usages
described as necessary to maintain the history and convenience trail.
That is a set of rules that apply when everything is or may not be OK
but is within some limits or slightly different definition of OK, or
when the host is going to make a guess.

> and a third spec explaining how the two interact?

Intersect, maybe? at the borderlines between alive and whatever else
comes after or before.  .

Thanks and Best Regards,
Joe