Re: splits, discussions, and manic behavior

I would like to add that for someone who tries to read some of the
discussions and cannot really participate because of time / other
constraints, I find that the activities of the Working Group list this week
seemed, well, for the lack of finding a better term, weird.

I don't pretend to understand all the technical issues surrounding the
Microdata split or if Microdata is better than RDFa.
The separation of Microdata does seem logical, but all the other splits
looked like a backlash of the first split and not something that is well
thought out.

When you get months of discussions around small attributes like alt and
summary, and basically one day we find that HTML as been split in many
pieces, without discussions as such, bizarre is a small word.

That the chairs seem to be welcoming or not opposing such splits /
reorganizations is mind-boggling.

How can you strive to get Web developpers respect when these type of things
happen :-)

Note that I haven't read all the discussions and I might have missed some
resolutions of those problems.
I want to promote HTML5 to my fellow web developers and stay positive about
the working group process.
This email is to voice my concern about the way discussions are made.

Regards,

Benoit Piette
W3Québec
http://w3qc.org