RE: Browser implementations, prior to rec, used for justification

Hi,

Yes, I was not exclusively referring to Firefox when asking my question.
And, as Paul pointed out, any browser manufacturer who is implementing
anything at this stage is running the risk of having to change that
implementation.

However as I already read in this thread, not surprizingly, it might be
difficult to make changes to an already implemented feature if it means
breaking web sites.
This is precicely what I am concerned about...pressure being built up by
facts being created ahead of time.

There is no question that we need implementations to show that the spec
works, but there is a time and place for this within W3C process.
Proto-implementations increase the danger of the group being pressured
into decisions that are not in the best interest of a new HTML
specification.

Therefore I would like to see a bit more restraint or forethought by
browser manufacturers in implementing features.
Equally I would like to see a bit more awareness by the group as to what
is happening and find ways to help make potential proto-implementations
as stable as possible.

-- Kai