Re: Should <video> buffer control be tri-state?

On Mon, Jan 4, 2010 at 9:43 AM, Aryeh Gregor
<Simetrical+w3c@gmail.com<Simetrical%2Bw3c@gmail.com>
> wrote:

> On Sun, Jan 3, 2010 at 1:47 AM, Robert O'Callahan <robert@ocallahan.org>
> wrote:
> > The performance effect is very noticeable, and if your controls UI shows
> the
> > buffer state, it's quite obvious what's going on.
>
> The performance effect will typically be nonexistent when you're
> testing, because you're probably reloading the same page with the same
> video repeatedly as you make changes.  The video will thus remain
> buffered no matter what.

Firefox currently doesn't retain buffered media data across page reloads.

I encourage people to actually try some pages with <video> with and without
"autobuffer" in a browser that supports autobuffer.

Rob
53:5-6]