Re: "Controlled environments" in scope for HTML working group

On Jan 2, 2010, at 7:41 PM, Adam Barth wrote:

> Regardless of who funds the W3C as a whole, the charter of this
> working group is quite clear on this point:
>
> "A language evolved from HTML4 for describing the semantics of
> documents and applications on the World Wide Web."

I think we should treat usefuleness in a controlled environment as an
opportunistic benefit, but not a primary goal. In particular, if a
feature is truly only useful for controlled environments, then it's
not obvious it needs to be conforming for authors.

Regards,
Maciej