Re: Public feedback on HTML5 video

On Dec 31, 2009, at 3:15 AM, Silvia Pfeiffer wrote:

> I believe so. Every web page that has more than maybe 3 videos
> "embedded" - and that is video search results pages, video archive
> listings and similar things - will need to stop their videos from
> taking up unwanted bandwidth. This is a really common use - and also
> one that John Gruber's blog post mentioned.

How much network traffic does it take to grab enough of the video to
get dimensions, duration, and possibly the first frame (if there's no
separate poster frame)? If it's similar to or less than the cost of
load does not seem so bad. After all, you need to load that number of
images anyway to show any form of thumbnail whatsoever

Regards,
Maciej