Re: Report on testing of the link relations registry

From: Julian Reschke <julian.reschke@gmx.de>
Date: Mon, 16 Aug 2010 10:50:57 +0200
To: Maciej Stachowiak <mjs@apple.com>
CC: Jirka Kosek <jirka@kosek.cz>, Ian Hickson <ian@hixie.ch>, public-html@w3.org
On 16.08.2010 10:36, Maciej Stachowiak wrote:
> I'm curious what the process would be like for someone who is not already editing an on-topic W3C publication. What would be the recommended process for an individual or company that has invented a new rel value, but does not have the ability to edit anything on w3.org /TR space?

As far as I can tell, the simplest approach is to write an Internet
Draft and submit it to the RFC Editor for publication as Informational
RFC. (*)

BR, Julian

(*) Anyone interested: I'll be more than happy to help with the
mechanics. Also: I'd do it myself if I had an interesting relation to
register, and also it wouldn't make sense if I did the testing of the
registry because of the other hat I'm wearing.