Re: request to re-open http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/116

Hi anne,

Ian has stated many times (i believe) that he will expedite a bug if asked
to do so, I believe I asked him to. If he didn't or couldn't then he should
have had the courtesy to respond.

Why did I want this bug resolved sooner rather than later?

we have 2 documents currently published by the working group that have
normative requirements on use of the alt attribute in HTML5

Neither is authoritative or has the consensus of the working group. Until
the situation is resolved it is in the best interests of all readers of
either document to be made aware of the existence of the other document to
ensure that nobody is under the assumption that neither document
authoritatively defines the conformance requirements for use of alt in
HTML5.

regards
Stevef

--