Re: Complexity of HTML5 (was Re: The Complexity Argument)

Aryeh Gregor wrote:

 > I don't think this is correct.  The spec is huge, but content authors
 > don't have to pay attention to it.  If they want to, they can safely
 > continue to use their old tag-soup HTML4 documents with quirks-mode
 > doctypes and still use new HTML5 features like <video>.

After reading both of your comments, I agree we are not on the same
track(s).

That is at least partly because I've had a hard time discerning the
level where the problem is most clearly expressed. I believe this
effort will at least clarify for you what my concerns are:

"Ten Use-Cases of Individual Content Authors Requiring Rights/Commerce
Metadata: success in HTML4; HTML5; and CCN"

http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-tag/2009Sep/0055.html

Steven Rowat