Re: CfC: Publish HTML+RDFa as First Public Working Draft

On Thu, Sep 17, 2009 at 4:14 PM, Maciej Stachowiak <mjs@apple.com> wrote:

> This is a Call for Consensus (CfC) to publish the First Public Working Draft
> (FPWD) of the HTML5+RDFa spec:
>
> http://dev.w3.org/html5/rdfa/Overview.html
>
> Silence will be taken to mean there is no objection, but positive responses
> are encouraged. If there are no objections by Thursday, Sept 24, this
> resolution will carry.
>
> Considerations to note:
> - As a First Public Working Draft, this publication will trigger patent
> policy review.
> - As a Working Draft publication, the document does not need not be
> complete, to meet all technical requirements, or to have consensus on the
> contents.

As I think any comprehensible draft should be published, I'm all for
publishing a FPWD of the HTML+RDFa document.

However, I still think that RDFa is too comlex in its syntax for
users, and thus I don't think it's the right solution for the web.
Simplicity is extra important for something that essentially is
'hidden' metadata where using the wrong syntax won't give immediate
feedback, but rather result in consumers of the data receiving wrong,
or no, data. Or force consumers to use heuristics to correct said
syntax.

/ Jonas