Re: what is dt?

Maciej Stachowiak On 09-09-17 05.49:

> On Sep 15, 2009, at 12:48 PM, Shelley Powers wrote:
>> If we're redefining semantics, which is the exact  same thing as
>> saying we're rejecting semantics, then why not at least use
>> something that is meaningful? Such as caption?

> For the record, here's a summary of past discussion.

> caption:

> legend:

> label:

> h1:
> title:

> I think the only known options that avoid technical problems are using
> <dt>, or adding one or more new elements.

You summary misses my and Olaf's proposal

    <dl semanticAttribute >

which I, in Feb 2008 laid out as <dl figure > <dl details >.
Should be quite semantically coherent and easy to learn (nods to
Shelley and Lars). The <dt> would then caption the <dd> of each
<dl semanticAttriute > element. I don't see any principal reasons
to not allow multiple dt and dd elements inside a  <dl figure >,
for instance.
--
leif halvard silli