Re: FW: [html] Summary draft

On Mon, 14 Sep 2009, Cynthia Shelly wrote:

> This conversation was started on the wai-xtech list, but it's time to
> move it over here.  The draft below is based on an HTML 5 draft of about
> 1 month ago, and is an attempt to find a middle ground on @summary.

I couldn't find any description of what problem this proposal is trying to
solve. Could you point me to the description of the issue that is being
resolved here? Why is the text currently in the HTML5 spec not considered
acceptable middle ground?

It is difficult to evaluate proposals without understanding what problems
they are trying to solve.

Incidentally, I believe the process that we are supposed to be following
these days is that when there is a problem in the spec, a bug should be
filed describing the problem, so that the issue can be tracked. If you
could file a bug (or point me to the relevant bug if one is already
filed), that would be very helpful.

Cheers,